Magicshine MJ-880R 2000 Lumens XM-L2 LED'S 2015 Wireless Remote Model
Please Note: Due to supply issues from magicshine this item is currently out of stock. You can pre-order now and estimated delivery is 24th of october.
Magicshine MJ-880R, New upgraded model for winter 2015!
The New Magicshine MJ-880 has just got better, coming this winter the magicshine mj-880R comes with all of its amazing features that has seen it get outstanding reviews. However the new model comes with a handy wireless remote that allows you to adjust the power without having to move your hand positions. It is great for use when your on a tricky section and can't afford to go one handed! Here at bikelightsuk we think these are going to be a real hit this winter. Don't worry if you go out riding with a few friends and all have the same lights you won't turn down or up their light! We have tried it!
Magicshines brightest light yet the MJ-880 is small and compact but offers a whopping 2000 lumens which turns night into day. There are a few new design features that we really like with the MJ-880. Firstly magicshine have ditched the O-ring mounting system and developed new V shaped mount, which is easy to mount to both bars and helmet and a lot more secure for those riding off road.
We compared the beam of new MJ-880 with the popular MJ-872. Because the MJ-880 uses 2 CREE XM-L2 LED the beam was a lot fuller than the spot beam of the MJ-872. If brightness is what you are after, you have found your winner in the MJ-880 it is considerably brighter than the MJ-872 and for the price is the best value high performance light on the market.
The MJ-880 is very easy to use with the switches top mounted you can adjust brightness very simply by pressing the left switch to lower brightness and the right switch to increase the brightness. It offers 5 settings 10%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. To switch the light off, select one of the buttons and hold for approximately 2 seconds. Magicshine has built this light with a circuit protection board including over charge, over discharge and short circuit protection. If the light becomes over heated it will automatically reduce the output.
Here is what MBUK had to say who announced the MJ-880 as best light on the market out of 15 different lights that they tested. The two high-power Cree XM-L LEDs are mounted in a compact finned and anadised eagle ye head unit. It also has a useful ‘visor’ on the top edge to stop you getting dazzled if you lean too far forward on a really steep climb. Our Light beam shots confirmed the on trail impression that it matches far more expensive lights in performance terms. The beam is really well balanced, deep reaching but wide enough to put twisty singletrack in well lit context with no eye-tiring black spots or other optical flaws.
The battery pack includes 6X18650 Li-ion batteries forming 6600mAh. With an impressive run time of 2.3 hours on maximum output. The battery has a hard casing around making it water resistant and there is clearly no need for a battery bag. The MJ-6036 battery is mounted to the bike by 2 adjustable, durable rubber straps that make it perfect for any sized frame.
Please note: the connectors and chargers have been modified for the MJ-880 and therefore any old leads or chargers will not work with them.
What’s in the box?
• MJ-880 upgraded light unit
• MJ-6036 battery pack
• Velcro cable ties
• V shaped mount
• MJ-880 manual
Plus we give and extended 12 month warranty on all items including the battery.
Frequently Asked questions regarding The MJ-880R
1. Some Websites advertise the new MJ-880 as 2400 Lumens. Is this the same one?
- Yes this is the same one. Since Magicshine brought the mj-880 out there as been development in the LED'S that have been used. The latest model which we stock uses the latest 2 x Cree XML-2 which are 20% brighter than the original LED'S used. So theoretically this light is 2400 Lumens, however the manual and box still say 2000 Lumens therefore we do not feel confident in advertising it as 2400 Lumens when the box and manual say otherwise.
2. Will the new Wireless remote change my friend light setting if we are riding together?
- No each remote is paired to a certain light therefore it will only change the modes and power on your own light unit.
3. Does this item come with a UK charger?
- Yes this package comes with a UK compliant charger, Unless you have purchased from Europe we will automatically send out an EU charger.
4. Can I buy a spair mount for the light unit?
- Yes you can purchase a spare V-mount in our accessories category for just £5.99 Take a look here.
- Light Source: 2 X Cree XM-L2 LED
- Luminous flux: 2000 lumens (manufacturers claim)
- LED LIfespan: 50,000 hours
- Battery Pack: 6 X 18650 cells 8.4V/6.6Ah liuthium ion battery
- Charge time: 3.5 hours
- Run time: 2.3 hours (max output)
- High quality and high efficiency optical lens
- Top mounted button for easy operation
- New design rubber belt for easy mount and removal
- 6061 -T6 Aluminium alloy housing, anodised anti-abrasive finish
- Overheat protection, over charge protection and low battery warning
- Size: l = 58mm X W 49mm X H 45mm
BikelightsUK.com offer a extended 12 month warranty on all Magicshine items including the batteries. If you do incur any problems with your order Drop us an email at email@example.com we will resolve it as soon as we possibly can.